The immensely popular
YEI Advent Calendar Competition is back!
You’ve Earned It/YEI has LOTS of prizes to give away
to lucky YEI winners from 1-24 December 2021!
A huge thanks to our wonderful sponsors!
HOW TO ENTER
Click on today’s date to enter the competition.
If there is a prize on offer
You will be asked to submit your details in a short form.
You will then go into a lucky draw and one winner will be chosen and notified.
If there is no prize on offer
You will be advised accordingly.
The winners will be announced the following day, every day.
Please ensure you read the T’s and C’s below
before entering the competition
(Click here to see the prizewinners’ names)
NB: If you are unable to click on today’s date,
please refresh your page (press ctrl and F5 together)
WIN: Dining Voucher to the value of R300 to be used towards a picnic, Christmas Lunch or any other meal at Mokoya.
Mokoya Lodge is the epitome of tranquility and serenity in a Rustic, Bush style setting. Situated on the banks of the Magalies River in Hekpoort, between the much loved Hartbeespoort Dam, the renowned Cradle of Humankind and the Historical town of Magaliesburg, overlooking the majestic Magaliesburg Mountains.
The ideal venue for conferencing, corporate events, bush weddings, leisure getaways, yoga, spiritual and detox retreats, dining, picnics, cycling and more.
Click here to view Mokoya Lodge on the YEI platform
WIN: 2 x Just SA hampers and the book “Secure your retirement” by Bruce Cameron and Wouter Fourie
Just SA is a retirement income specialist. We offer flexible, innovative retirement income products that help pensioners receive a secure, sustainable income throughout their retirement. Our solutions address the widespread problem of retirees outliving their assets and having to depend financially on family or the state to survive. We believe our guaranteed life annuities address important gaps left by traditional providers of life and living annuities in South Africa.
Visit our website www.justsa.co.za to find out more about how we can help you.
Click here to view Just SA on the YEI platform
WIN: A 2-night stay at The Nest in the heart of the Drakensberg, valued at R3000!
The true Drakensberg experience still exists! The Nest does it best! A fun-filled adventure could be yours for the taking, if you were to win this fantastic competition! But first things first, you need to be in it, to win it! The Nest Hotel is a delightful family run country hotel situated in the Central Drakensberg area of KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa. Since opening our doors in 1933, we have built up a loyal following of guests who return year after year to this special place steeped in history and adventure. Come and stay with us and experience our delicious country style food, spectacular gardens, wonderful facilities, relaxing accommodation, friendly staff and exquisite views over the Ukhahlamba Drakensberg World Heritage Site.
Click here to read all about The Nest and their special senior citizen rate
WIN: A 10 book hamper, courtesy of Jonathan Ball Publishers
Jonathan Ball Publishers was founded in 1976 to publish books of an independent character that enlighten and entertain. We publish a range of non-fiction titles and specialise in South African politics, current affairs, biography and history.
| || || || || |
| || || || || |
Click here to find out more about Jonathan Ball Publishers
WIN: A beautiful locally handmade basket filled with homemade Umngazi delights and two bottles of delicious wine chosen off the Umngazi Hotel & Spa’s award-winning winelist.
The magical Umngazi Hotel & Spa is a hidden gem on the Wild Coast, just south of Port St Johns in the Eastern Cape. The area offers its visitors a temperate climate, long walks on unspoilt beaches, Nguni cows lazing on the beach and grazing on the rolling hillsides, colourful Xhosa huts, prolific and plentiful birdlife, delightful and friendly locals, breath-taking cliff hikes/walks and great expanses of undeveloped wilderness – not to mention the incredible sunrises and sunsets!
Guests are treated to comfortable thatched accommodation, tucked against the hillside along the Umngazi River, with delightful views of the gardens, estuary and coastline.
One of the many highlights when visiting Umngazi is the dining experience which includes 3 delicious meals per day. And for those looking to celebrate a special occasion, there are two magical private dining venues available to hire.
Up on the hillside is the Umngazi Spa where dedicated and professional therapists are on hand with a full range of treatments and therapies for guests to choose from. Umngazi offers a variety of out-of-season packages and promotions that are perfect for those not bound to the school holiday calendar.
Click here to find out more about Umngazi Hotel & Spa and their great package for 60-plussers
WIN: 4 x Old Mutual vouchers (5000 Old Mutual Rewards points), valued at R500 each, sponsored by Old Mutual
Old Mutual provides financial solutions to individuals, small and medium-sized businesses and corporates in South Africa, the rest of Africa and certain other emerging markets, we offer an array of life assurance-based solutions and short term insurance and grow our customers’ savings and wealth through active and direct asset management and selecting funds for customers to invest in through multi-managers.
Click here to find out more about Old Mutual
WIN: A 2 night off-peak stay at Greystone Lodge near Dullstroom
How would you like to chill in a piece of paradise in the Mpumalanga Highlands close to Dullstroom?
At Greystone Lodge (a Pet-friendly, self-catering paradise), you can relax and enjoy the serenity, partake in the ever-popular fly-fishing pastime or do some bird watching. For the more energetic, there are lovely walking trails, archery and a golf driving range. Our private free standing chalets are fully stocked for self-catering purposes, have a crackling indoor fire-place which is stocked with free firewood. You have your own verandah and private garden area with a parking space for your vehicle. The 13km gravel road is not suitable for low profile vehicles or tyres while standard sedans will manage just fine! T’s and C’s below apply.
Prize valid till 30 June 2022
Click here to view Greystone Lodge and it’s fabulous pensioner offer
WIN: A 1-month voucher to Silver Fit, valued at R349
Welcome to the first step on your Silver Fit Journey!
Exercise has NEVER been more important. Now is the time to do something for YOU, and this is why we want to give you a free month of Silver Fit!Silver Fit is an evidence-based exercise program specifically designed for older adults. Our aim is to improve your strength and stability, as well as your overall health status. We believe in successful and active ageing and we look forward to starting a journey of improved health and quality of life with you. The time is now. #StrongerForLonger
- Can be used by you, or gifted to someone of your choice.
- Allows full access to all Silver Fit offerings, including live online classes, pre-recorded classes, in-person classes, social club and more.
- Month begins on the date of your first class.
WIN: 2-night midweek stay at Forever Badplaas in Mpumalanga
The prize is a voucher for one reader and their plus one for a two night midweek stay at Forever Badplaas in Mpumalanga in one of our three-star Self-Catering Chalets.
Forever Resorts, Lodges, Hotels and Retreats is one of the top tourism groups in South Africa, with an abundance of leisure destinations available across the country. The Forever group offers something for everyone – adventure holidays, self-catering holidays, Camping and Caravanning, weddings, functions, health Hydros, beauty Spas, safari adventures and loads more.
Forever Resorts offers the discerning traveller a superb variety of three, four and five-star properties strategically situated in key areas, with properties located in Limpopo, Mpumalanga, Free State and Western Cape. Forever Resorts has also made it easier to book your holiday now and pay in instalments with the #PayYourWay initiative.
Click here to find out more about Forever Resorts, Lodges Hotels and Retreats and their great pensioner discounts
WIN: One of 4 sets of tickets sponsored by City Sightseeing,
At City Sightseeing, we agree wholeheartedly YOU HAVE EARNED IT, and after COVID restrictions, even more so… Invite your partner, a friend, or grandchild and hop on the Red Bus, choose your favourite route and enjoy the fresh air and magnificent views that only an open top red bus can provide.
We still visit all the favourite spots like Kirstenbosch , Groot Constanta, Hout Bay and Camps Bay so be sure to look out for any pensioners specials that can be used in conjunction with the bus offer available from the attractions along the route.
Click here to read all about City Sightseeing and the pensioner special they have on offer.
WIN: An Early Morning Nature Drive at Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve for two seniors valued at R770
Nestled against natural rock formations in the Cederberg and far away from big city lights lies Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve; a location which connects visitors of today with the soulful heritage and landscape once inhabited by the Khoi and San of the past. Kagga Kamma is unique in that it comprises an untouched Karoo-like wilderness: decorated in bursts of wild flowers, scattered and fascinating rock formations and an intriguing ecosystem of small creatures scarcely seen or found anywhere else.
A Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve adventure means stepping into another world and discovering a whole new perspective.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Kindly note that Kagga Kamma Nature Reserve does not allow day visitors. As such, seniors are advised to enquire for availability on our 45% discounted Lodge stay.
- This prize entitles two seniors to one Early Morning Nature Drive each
- This prize is not refundable nor redeemable for cash
- Prize inclusions are pre-determined can cannot be swapped or exchanged
Click here to view Kagga Kamma and its fabulous pensioner discount
WIN: 5-book hamper, courtesy of Penguin Random House, valued at R1320
On the 1st of July 2013, Penguin Random House became the first truly global trade book publisher.
Unifying two of the most famous names in publishing, the Penguin Random House stable of writers includes more than 70 Nobel Prize laureates and hundreds of the world’s most widely read and best-loved authors. It employs over 10,500 people globally across almost 250 editorially and creatively independent, imprints and publishing houses, who collectively publish more than 15,000 new titles annually.
Hamper will include:
| || || || || |
Click here to find out more about Penguin Random House
General T’s and C’s
- Please note that this competition is only open to YEI newsletter subscribers.
- If you are not a YEI newsletter subscriber, and you would like to subscribe to the YEI FREE fortnightly newsletter, please indicate accordingly in the entry form.
- This competition starts on Wednesday 1 December 2021 and ends on Friday 24 December 2021.
- The daily competitions will open at 09h00 and will close at 21h00.
- This competition will be featured on the YEI platform i.e. YEI website, YEI Facebook page and YEI newsletter.
- Certain prizes have been allocated to certain days.
- Once a prize has been won, only remaining prizes will be eligible to be won until the final prize has been won on the 24 December 2021.
- Winners will be chosen at random by YEI, and will be contacted directly by YEI, via email. Winners will be contacted within one week of having won the prize.
- Winners of prizes in the week 20-24 December will be advised in January 2022 or possibly earlier.
- The names of the winners will be forwarded to the sponsors of the prizes.
- The sponsors of the prizes will arrange delivery of the prizes to the winners.
- The names of the winners will be announced on the YEI platform – YEI newsletter, the YEI website and on the YEI Facebook page.
- Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
- No correspondence will be entered into with entrants of competitions.
- By entering this competition, the participant agrees to the terms and conditions.
Please Note The Following
- Your personal data is collected and stored purely for YEI purposes i.e. this competition – in order for YEI to contact you if you are a winner and also to ensure that the free fortnightly newsletter can be sent to you;
- YEI takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data to any third party, unless required to do so by law.
- YEI reserves the right to share entries with the sponsors of the competition and you may receive correspondence from representatives of these organisations
By agreeing to the above T’s and C’s, it is tacitly implied that you agree to all of the above, including consenting to your personal data being collected and stored.
Further T’s and C’s specific to accommodation competitions
- Accommodation prizes are for two people, subject to availability and excluding public and school holidays. Booking is essential.
- Winners will have the option of extending their stay at an additional cost which will be quoted on by the establishment.
- The establishment’s Pensioners Discount applies when extending their stay.
- Prizes exclude any travel costs to the establishment.
- Drinks are also excluded from the prize.
- Accommodation prizes are not transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- The winners will make arrangements directly with the establishments regarding the booking of the accommodation.