ATTENTION Everybody 60 or more!!
Are you smoulderin’ at 60, still simperin’ at 70 or eager at 80? Have the kids flown the coop and the Empty Nest is about to present you with a syndrome?
You want the company of the canine, but veterinary costs are debilitating and the continual little niggle about What Happens to the Furry when my lifestyle changes?
Well, we can help with that with our Frosty Face Foster Program
Take a look see:
A quick synopsis:
- The applicant would have to be 60 or older.
- The dog in question would have to be 10 or older.
- It would be an “open-ended” fostering, whereby the home would keep the dog until either the dog passed the Rainbow Bridge or the circumstances of the applicant changed – i.e. assisted living or they themselves passed the Rainbow Bridge.
- Cape Dachshund Rescue will be liable for any vet expenses incurred bearing in mind that major surgery at this age is inadvisable.
- The applicant would be responsible for the day to day living expenses, i.e. food, water.
- There would be no adoption fee applicable
- Should the applicant’s circumstances change to the point that they are no longer able to care for the dog, the dog would be returned to Cape Dachshund Rescue or should a family member opt to adopt the dog, the relevant home check of the family member will apply.
- Applicants would need to reside near the cities and towns of Cape Town, Gqeberha (Port Elizabeth) and Garden Route.
To apply please complete this form and send it back to us
email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 083-2303230
complete the following form and we will get back to you as soon as we are able
(Images courtesy of Mel Photography)
over 60's, Senior Citizens, YEI, You've Earned It