Award-winning and world-famous cellist,
Yo-Yo Ma visits Cape Town
as part of his global six continents Bach Project
– and you could be there!
Yo-Yo Ma makes his South African debut at Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden on Saturday, 8 February at 7pm. Ma will perform Johann Sebastian Bach’s Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello without interval. His visit to Cape Town is part of his global six continents Bach Project, presented locally by Showtime Management. The Bach Project is a 2-year global tour across 36 locations around the world, taking the music of Bach to iconic locations and encourages the bigger conversation about culture, society and the themes that connect us all.
One extremely lucky YEI member will win:
A set of double tickets (valued at R1800) to see nineteen time Grammy® Award winning cellist Yo-Yo Ma, perform Johann Sebastian Bach’s Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello without interval, as part of the international Bach Project.
Show begins at 7pm, Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, 8 February, 2020.
Complete the entry form below
and stand a chance of winning this incredible prize!
Closing date for Cape Town entries: 24 January 2020
To win an additional entry,
click on the Facebook icon below.
Comment and share,
and you will receive an additional entry!
T’s and C’s
- By entering this competition, you are also subscribing to the YEI FREE fortnightly newsletter.
- The winner will be notified via email, and should reply to YEI within 24 hours.
- The winner will be contacted directly by YEI, via phone and/or email.
- The name of the winner will be forwarded to the organiser of the competition;
- Tickets are only valid for the specified date and performance time and may not be upgraded or exchanged for cash.
- The prize comprises of one set of double show tickets only.
- We are unable to assist with bookings for additional tickets which may be purchased direct from Webtickets.co.za
- Tickets will be emailed to the prize winner. Tickets must be printed by the prize-winner and presented at the venue security access point in order to allow access to the show.
- The prize is not transferable.
- Lost tickets will not be replaced.
- The name of the winner will be announced in the YEI newsletter, the YEI website and on the YEI Facebook page.
- No correspondence will be entered into with entrants of competitions.
- By entering this competition, the participant agrees to the terms and conditions
- I consent to my submitted data being collected and stored by YEI.
Please Note The Following
- Your personal data is collected and stored purely for YEI purposes i.e. this competition – in order for YEI to contact you if you are a winner and also to ensure that the free fortnightly newsletter can be sent to you;
- YEI takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data to any third party, unless required to do so by law.
By agreeing to the above Ts and Cs, it is tacitly implied that you agree to all of the above, including consenting to your personal data being collected and stored.
Yo-Yo Ma – long-awaited debut at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
In just a few months, cellist Yo-Yo Ma makes his long-awaited South African debut at Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden. On Saturday, 8 February at 19:00, Mr Ma will perform Johann Sebastian Bach’s Six Suites for Unaccompanied Cello without interval; his visit to Cape Town is part of his global Bach Project, presented locally by Showtime Management. Tickets on sale at Webtickets.co.za In August 2018, Yo-Yo Ma began the Bach Project, a two-year journey to play Johann Sebastian Bach’s six suites for solo cello thirty-six times on six continents. Since the project began, Yo-Yo has performed this extraordinary music in iconic and surprising locations including the Odeon of Herodes Atticus on the Acropolis in Athens, the ancient Huaca Pucllana in Lima, the Sydney Opera House, and Millennium Park in Chicago.
Get your tickets now at Webtickets
Terms & Conditions