Would you like to stand in line to win a copy of
Philip, The Final Portrait?
The extraordinary story of the longest-serving consort
to the longest-reigning sovereign in British history
Philip, The Final Portrait is the story of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh.
Prince Philip was the longest-serving consort to the longest-reigning sovereign
in British history. An extraordinary story, told with unique insight and authority
by the author, Gyles Brandreth, who knew the prince for more than forty years.
Complete the entry form below
and stand a chance of winning a powerful, revealing and, ultimately, moving account of a long life and a remarkable royal partnership.
Closing date: Monday 21 June 2021
Click on the Facebook icon below.
Comment and share,
and you will receive an additional entry!
T’s and C’s
- This competition is only open to YEI subscribers
If you are not a YEI subscriber and would like to subscribe, please click here and complete the sign up form
Please note that it is FREE to subscribe to You’ve Earned It / YEI
- The winner will be contacted directly by YEI, via phone and/or email.
- The name of the winner will be forwarded to the organiser of the competition;
- The book will be posted/delivered to the winner of the competition by the organiser;
- The name of the winner will be announced in the YEI newsletter, the YEI website and on the YEI Facebook page.
- The book may not be exchanged for cash.
- No correspondence will be entered into with entrants of competitions.
- By entering this competition –
You need to be a YEI subscriber (see details above on how to subscribe)
The participant agrees to the terms and conditions
The participant also consents to their submitted data being collected and stored by YEI.
Please Note The Following
- Your personal data is collected and stored purely for YEI purposes i.e. this competition – in order for YEI to contact you if you are a winner and also to ensure that the free fortnightly newsletter can be sent to you;
- YEI takes your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data to any third party, unless required to do so by law.
By agreeing to the above T’s and C’s, it is tacitly implied that you agree to all of the above, including consenting to your personal data being collected and stored.
Thank you to Jonathan Ball Publishers for sponsoring this prize.
PHILIP, THE FINAL PORTRAIT – Gyles Brandreth
This is the story of Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh – the longest-serving consort to the longest-reigning sovereign in British history. It is an extraordinary story, told with unique insight and authority by an author who knew the prince for more than forty years.
Philip – elusive, complex, controversial, challenging, often humorous, sometimes irascible – is the man Elizabeth II once described as her ‘constant strength and guide’. Who was he? What was he really like? What is the truth about those ‘gaffes’ and the rumours of affairs? This is the final portrait of an unexpected and often much-misunderstood figure. It is also the portrait of a remarkable marriage that endured for more than seventy years.
Philip and Elizabeth were both royal by birth, both great-great-grandchildren of Queen Victoria, but, in temperament and upbringing, they were two very different people. The Queen’s childhood was loving and secure, the Duke’s was turbulent; his grandfather assassinated, his father arrested, his family exiled, his parents separated when he was only ten. Elizabeth and Philip met as cousins in the 1930s. They married in 1947, aged twenty-one and twenty-six.
Philip: The Final Portrait tells the story of two contrasting lives, assesses the Duke of Edinburgh’s character and achievement, and explores the nature of his relationships with his wife, his children and their families – and with the press and public and those at court who were suspicious of him in the early days. This is a powerful, revealing and, ultimately, moving account of a long life and a remarkable royal partnership.
Available in most bookstores
ISBN: 978 144 476 9609
You’ve Earned It / YEI (https://youve-earned-it.co.za/),
the digital media platform
for South African over-60s
Discounts, savings and benefits for baby boomers, seniors, pensioners and retirees
Informative and relevant articles geared at the senior market
Sign up for the FREE fortnightly
You’ve Earned It Newsletter HERE
and become a You’ve Earned It / YEI member
Terms & Conditions