The virus may not be airborne, but Mango is.
Find out how Mango is preventing the spread of Covid-19 when you fly, and how to change your flight date with no additional admin fee
How Mango is preventing the spread of Covid-19 when you fly
The virus may not be airborne, but we are. At Mango, we understand the key role that airlines need to play in preventing the spread of pandemics like Covid-19. As stewards of travel, we take this responsibility extremely seriously and always strive to ensure that our passengers can travel unhindered and stress free.
As such, we want to assure our passengers of a few things:
- We have reviewed and reiterated our already stringent safety controls for communicable diseases, which will be found in all Cabin and Emergency in-house documentation.
- We have increased our aircraft cleaning efforts and are currently developing a passenger awareness campaign
- All our planes are cleaned according to strict Boeing specification and are fitted with a HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, which filters out recirculated air on board each plane to remove airborne particles.
- Mango leadership and technical teams are in the process of formulating extra precautionary measures to ensure that passengers are safe, feel comfortable and reassured.
- We will continue working closely with the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD), the Department of Health, Port Health, ACSA and the CAA to ensure that we comply with all best practices and regulations set out in the public’s interest.
In the meantime, stay alert, wash your hands thoroughly, know the health status of those around you, and most importantly, if you are feeling ill, please seek medical treatment and avoid flying until a doctor clears you to do so.
Mango now allows you to change your flight date with no additional admin fee
In light of President Cyril Ramaphosa’s address on Sunday night, the serious nature of the COVID-19 outbreak is set to inflict unquestionable damage to many industries. Few more negatively affected than the airline industry. Despite this, at Mango Airlines, we strive to put our Guests at the centre of our operation. This includes accommodating their uncertainty and apprehension.
Guests who have bookings or intend booking with Mango for travel until 30 April 2020 will now be able to change their flight dates. Mango will waive the change fees applicable when making this date change. Please note that these changes can only be made via our Call Centre at 086 100 1234.
For Guests who are unable or unwilling to make use of our once-off booking change offering, we will be issuing vouchers equal to the value of the fare and all applicable taxes, which will be valid for a period of six months from the date of issue. The voucher will take up to 5 working days to be issued. For all bookings that Guests wish to convert to vouchers, we encourage them to email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The booking reference number
- Guest/s full name
- Date of birth
- Contact number
- Email address
At Mango, we understand the key role that airlines need to play in preventing the spread of viral outbreaks like Covid-19. As stewards of travel, we take this responsibility extremely seriously and always strive to ensure that our passengers can travel unhindered and stress free.
Please see date change terms and conditions
Please see voucher terms and conditions
Mango Airlines pensioner discount
Click here to see the step by step process that you can follow
when searching for and booking
a pensioner discounted flight on Mango Airlines