Last updated: November 2023
You’ve Earned It has obtained this information off the Ethekweni Municipality website and can be found here.
Please contact your local Municipality for any enquiries regarding municipal matters e.g. rates, electricity, water etc. You’ve Earned It is unable to assist with these enquiries.
YEI is not liable for any outdated information that may be reflected on this website.
Pensioner Rebates for Rates in Ethekweni
Senior Citizens may be granted a rebate on the residential primary property as determined by a resolution of Council at its annual budget, with effect from the next practical billing cycle.
How to apply
Step 1: Download and complete the Rates Rebate Application for Owners Dependent on Social Grants Form in the download section below.
Please include with your application:
- proof of income for the owner and spouse/partner and three months’ original, printed bank statements for all banking accounts;
- copies of ID of owner and spouse/partner;
- copies of lease agreement if you own additional property;
- proof of pension or social grant;
- proof of investments or dividends;
- proof of usufruct/habitation/executor/administrator or curator;
- proof of trust document and income of all beneficiaries;
- a copy of the applicant’s ID and proof of income for all owners if the property is registered to multiple owners;
- a copy of the applicant’s (person residing) ID and proof of income for all other members if the property is registered as a Close Corporation (CC);
- a copy of death certificate or Will, if applicable;
- any other documents that City may deem necessary
Step 2:Once you have completed your form, you can hand-deliver the necessary information to your nearest Walk-in Centre, email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit it via post to: City Hall, 263 Dr Pixley Ka Seme St
The e-Services application does not fully support mobile phone or tablet access – please use your laptop or desktop instead.
Our applications are best viewed using the latest versions of the following web browsers, Internet Explorer 11, Chrome 72+, Firefox 65+ or Safari 12+.
Please contact the City Durban to find out if you qualify for the LIFELINE TARIFF via their Call centre number. This must be requested by the customer, it is not applied automatically and is subject to meeting conditions/criteria.
It is important to contact the City of Durban directly
via their website or call their help line at 080 311 1111
regarding any queries you might have, and to ensure that the information is up to date.
YEI is unable to respond to any queries regarding
City of Durban rates rebates for pensioners.
Please contact City of Durban directly as detailed above