Last updated: November 2023
You’ve Earned It has obtained this information off the City of Ekurhuleni’s website and can be found here.
Please contact your local Municipality for any enquiries regarding municipal matters e.g. rates, electricity, water etc. You’ve Earned It is unable to assist with these enquiries.
YEI is not liable for any outdated information that may be reflected on this website.
Pensioner Rebates for Rates in Ekurhuleni
The applicant must:
- be the registered owner of the property.
- must be at least 60 years of age
- not be in receipt of an indigent assessment rate rebate;
- must reside permanently on the property concerned which consists of one dwelling only and no part thereof is sub-let;
- On approval, the following rebates will be applicable
SECTION 1 : Reduction on property value of R 150 000.
SECTION 2 : Rebate based on monthly assessment rates payable
|Average Monthly earnings in respect of preceding 12 months.|
|R0.00 to R 3 200.00 (2 x State pensions when amended)||100 % rebate on assessment rates|
|R3,200.01 to R6,180.00||85% rebate on assessment rates|
|R6,180.01 to R9,050.00||70% rebate on assessment rates|
|R9,050.01 to R9,970.00||55% rebate on assessment rates|
|R9,970.01 to R15,000.00||40% rebate on assessment rates|
DOCUMENTATION / APPROVAL
- Completed Application form and Sworn affidavit
(Click here for APPLICATION FOR AGE / PENSIONER ASSESSMENT RATES REDUCTION form or
Click here for APPLICATION FOR DISABLED / MEDICALLY BOARDED ASSESSMENT RATES REDUCTION form)
- Certified copy of ID document
- Copy of previous year Income Tax Assessment if additional pensioners rebate (Section 2) are being applied for and / or proof of income.
- Valuation entry must reflect rating category as –
- Farm properties used for Residential purposes
- Small Holding used for Residential purposes
It is important to contact the City of Ekurhuleni directly via their website or call their help line at 0860 543 000 regarding any queries you might have, and to ensure that the information is up to date.
YEI is unable to respond to any queries regarding
City of Ekurhuleni rates rebates for pensioners.
Please contact the City of Ekurhuleni directly as detailed above
While every care is taken to ensure the validity of the information YEI cannot be held liable for any outdated information that may have been reflected on the Government department’s or Municipalities website.