As the demand within the retirement property market increases, so does the competition within this market as retirees prioritise independent living that supports their evolving needs as they grow older.
This has become evident to Helen Seaman and her team at Constantia Life Developers, the team behind Great Oaks Retirement Village in Constantia, Cape Town.
“While our clients seek a retirement village that matches their needs and budget, it is ultimately the healthcare services on offer that drives a purchase,” says Seaman.
“Frail care, home-based care and memory care are three different but equally important and complimentary services within a retirement village setting, and we always encourage buyers to do a deep-dive into the work that has gone into the facilities on their short list. After all, the design elements and healthcare principles that support these three levels of care have a direct impact on a resident’s long-term well-being.
“Great Oaks has been designed to do more than just tick all the basic healthcare boxes, and I believe that the inclusion of finer details into all areas of retirement village life is crucial to convert an interested party into a buyer.”
When Great Oaks opens its doors in 2023, its comprehensive healthcare offering and luxury amenities will offer a fully realised retirement experience for the discerning senior.
Primary medical care services include:
- On-site doctors’ and nurses’ consulting rooms for day-to-day medical needs.
- The Great Oaks care team will facilitate medical aid authorisations on behalf of residents.
- 24-Hour Call-for-Care assistance
Thoughtfully designed frail care:
The on-site frail care unit will offer furnished private en-suite bedrooms, including a central nurse’s station, garden access from some of the rooms, and easy and limitless access for spouses to their loved ones
Holistic memory care:
Memory care is offered by many retirement villages, but it is the unique design of its memory care facility, coupled with the development team’s collaboration with a respected neuro architect who understands the finer nuances of effective and sustainable therapeutic interventions, that will set Great Oaks apart from the rest.
Customisable home-based care:
The Great Oaks supports independent living and home-based care while continuously adapting to residents’ needs, with every design and fitting enabling you to lead an independent life. Features include:
- Removable counter panels and modules for better wheelchair fit under counters, sinks and work areas.
- Ample wheelchair space next to toilets, doors and inside garages to enable accessibility
- Shower sizes and screens that allow carers to assist residents in the shower without getting wet.
- Lower door handles and light switches and higher plug points.
- Level access throughout the unit, as well as exit doors.
- Wheelchair turning circles throughout, including bathrooms.
Great Oaks Retirement Village’s estate facilities will further enhance residents’ social and wellness experience, with amenities and services including:
Wellness Centre & Spa:
- Physio- and hydrotherapy facilities with advanced features like hoists for residents with mobility issues.
- Gym, with uninterrupted mountain views.
- Therapy & beauty rooms for a variety of treatments.
- Function room, that will accommodate a number of activities incl. yoga, pilates, dance and art classes.
- Contemporary a la carte restaurant where you can enjoy small, intimate meals or host large family celebrations.
- Lounge and Café
- Ladies’ Bar
- Boardroom for private meetings
Great Oaks Retirement Village is scheduled for occupancy mid-2023.
Limited cottages and apartments ranging between
R3.5-million and R10.6-million are still available.
Read more about the Great Oaks specialist healthcare offering.
Contact Great Oaks to book your private consultation
and chat about how we can offer you
a luxury retirement with world-class care.
Alternatively, if you require further information
or would like to make an enquiry,
please complete the following form and a representative from Great Oaks
will get back to you as soon as they can.