What did Marilyn Monroe have in common
with the ugliest bird in the world?!
Find out by reading Cat Among The Pigeons!
Or try winning yourself a copy in this fabulous competition!
Cat Among The Pigeons
Animal myths, musings and matter of fact
Author: David Muirhead
Here’s another batch of David Muirhead’s unrespectable creatures, following his successful earlier volume of hilarious animal accounts (The Bedside Ark ). It offers a wealth of accurate information on each of the profiled creatures, while revealing their softer sides and the near-human frailties from which they suffer – and temptations for which they fall. Delightful, humorous pen-and-ink sketches accompany many of the stories.
Muirhead’s mix of humour, mythology, anecdotal tales and folklore builds quirky and captivating portraits of each animal, and makes for a lighthearted, funny – as well as illuminating – read.
This new anthology, offering something different from the standard collection of animal CVs, will appeal to anyone interested in humorous writing and the natural world, no matter their age (from teen to adult) or level of knowledge.
Enjoy this extract from Cat Among the Pigeons :
Most folk think that Marilyn Monroe had nothing in common with the ugliest bird in the world, and they are, of course, right. Except for those feathers. The marabou stork and Ms Monroe shared that cosy little secret. She occasionally wore them to adorn her shoes and, quite probably, her unmentionables, whereas the marabou wears them, or rather grows them, on its tail. Click here to read more..
About the Author
Long-time English writer and journalist David Muirhead has already published several books, including a collection of satirical short stories that drew acclaim from the British press.
Struik Nature published his earlier anthology, The Bedside Ark – A riotous assembly of unrespectable creatures. The Cat Among the Pigeons is his latest release.
He lives in Vermont, Western Cape.
ISBN: 9781775845133 | RRP: R180.00
How to enter:
Please send your entry (only one entry per person)
to email@example.com and include the following:
Contact details – name, surname, cell phone number, email address and physical address
Put YEI/Cat Among The Pigeons hamper in the subject line of your email
Closing date for competition: 12h00 – Friday 31 August 2018
Terms and conditions:
- This YEI competition is only open to You’ve Earned It members
- By entering this competition, you agree to become a subscriber to the YEI FREE fortnightly newsletter.
- If you are not a YEI member, you may subscribe here.
- The winner will be contacted directly by YEI, via phone and/or email.
- The name of the winner will be forwarded to the organiser of the competition;
- The book will be sent to the winner of the competition by the organisers;
- The name of the winner will be announced in the YEI newsletter, the YEI website and on the YEI Facebook page.
- The book may not be exchanged for cash.
- No correspondence will be entered into with entrants of competitions.
- By entering this competition the participant agrees to the terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions