When last did you experience spectacular views, wide open spaces
and wonderful tranquillity on offer at CapeNature’s reserves?
YEI members can reward themselves with great discounts
from Monday to Sunday throughout the year.
Our nature reserves offer an array of activities like birding, easy leisure hikes
and natural beauty for every age and interest.
Camp or stay at your choice of eco-cabins, bush lodges and comfortable cottages, all self-catering.
Explore the Winelands
Pick up a map at the entrance or the reception office at Jonkershoek Nature Reserve, and explore the beauty of the Eerste Waterval – an easy 3km hike that’s perfect for all age groups. While you’re there, why not make a day of it and picnic at the Assegaaibosch Nature Reserve,
or go mountain biking and take a refreshing dip in the Eerste River?
Head up the West Coast
The Cederberg Nature Reserve boasts 48 magical campsites and a number of fully equipped self-catering cottages, and Matiesrivier Nature Reserve is less than 40km away. The impressive Stadsaal Cave, rare San rock art and a world renowned rock climbing site are just some of the many family-friendly attractions you’ll find in the area.
Just two hours up the West Coast from Cape Town, Rocherpan Nature Reserve is a tiny oasis of beauty and calm that should be a must-visit for everyone. Rocherpan currently has eight eco-cabins available to be booked for accommodation with universal access, with the four newest cabins having opened in 2015. The reserve boasts a private beach and three bird hides also with universal access.
Feel at Home in the Karoo
Wild and unexplored, the Anysberg Nature Reserve offers a world of adventure, activities, animals and plants for kids to discover. Known as one of the darkest places on earth, Anysberg is ideal for star-gazing, giving your little ones something to brag about at school. The two-day horse trail will take you far into the reserve, and you can also rent a mountain bike.
Meander through the Garden Route
A recipient of a Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence award, Robberg Nature Reserve is known for its breath-taking landscapes, abundance of birdlife, and the charming Fountain Shack – the perfect overnight seaside hideaway. The Gap circuit trail is the shortest hiking trail and features a variety of plant and animal life waiting to be explored.
If you’re a YEI Member, a South African resident
in possession of a valid ID and 55 or older,
you qualify for CapeNature’s senior citizen discount
of 30% off all self-catering and camping facilities,
PLUS you pay no conservation fees!
Please read the Ts and Cs below, and follow this easy process:
Step 1: Check that you are in possession of a valid South African ID, and you are a YEI Member
Step 2: Call the CapeNature call centre on (021) 483-0190, quote YEI Number YEI 237 to secure your booking at less 30% off and pay no conservation fees.
The full terms and conditions are:
- This discount applies to YEI members aged 55yrs and up only
To become a YEI member, you need to be subscribed to the YEI free fortnightly newsletter.
Click here to subscribe.
- This discount is applicable from Monday to Sunday throughout the year EXCLUDING Easter school holidays (including Easter weekend) and December/January school holidays
- The discount on normal tariffs will only apply if the qualifying YEI member makes the booking in their name
- The discount will only apply if the YEI member books via our call centre. Senior citizen discounts cannot be booked via the online booking portal
- Offer only valid to South African residents in possession of a valid SA ID
- Only one (1) unit per person or couple will be considered for the discount
- Ensure that you request the discount (Quote YEI Number 237) when you make your booking as discounts cannot be calculated after the booking has been confirmed
- All rates are subject to availability
- Conservation Fees: All qualifying YEI Members are exempt from these fees
To make your booking,
please contact our call centre at 021 483 0190