On the tidal shores of the famous Knysna Lagoon, lies a collection of 16 self catering timber chalets, nestled amongst leafy vegetation and indigenous Milkwood trees is Under Milkwood Chalets. The tranquil setting offers guests a haven of leisure and comfort. It is the only resort at the world-renowned Knysna Heads to have direct access to the beach, which is framed by the Featherbed Nature Reserve and the majestic Outeniqua Mountains on the far horizon.
Perhaps while relaxing on your patio, you will even catch a glimpse of one of South Africa’s most striking birds, the scarlet-winged Knysna Loerie.
To quote one of our guests: “Check into the three-star Under Milkwood for a four-star experience.”
Self Catering Timber Chalets
- Thirteen of our chalets have two bedrooms, comprising a double and twin room and two bathrooms
- A sleeper couch in the living room provides additional space for the extra family member
- Maerose is our luxury hillside chalet with a refreshing, light timber-stained interior
- Curlew is a one-bedroom, split-level chalet with an upstairs living area and a bathroom downstairs. This is the perfect honeymoon getaway with its private balcony amongst the treetops
- All chalets feature a fully-equipped kitchen containing all the conveniences, such as stove and hob, fridge/freezer and microwave. Le Creuset cookware adds a bright and luxurious touch
- Each chalet has its own sundeck and BBQ facilities
- Relax on holiday whilst our friendly housekeeping staff service your chalet daily
Additional Features, Facilities and Activities
- Limited complimentary Wi-Fi internet available; system is currently being upgraded
- Direct access to beautiful beach where sun loungers are provided
- Firewood supplied
- Complimentary kayaks and paddle boards available on the beach below Under Milkwood chalets
- Limited boat moorings subject to availability and possibility to swing at anchor
- Board games available at reception
- Library of DVDs available at reception
- Babysitting on request
- Daily housekeeping service
- A laundry service can be arranged
- Close proximity to the Knysna Heads and restaurants
- Grocery Provisioning Option: Guests are welcome to pre-order groceries at Woolworths or Pick n Pay before arrival and we will happily arrange for the delivery to be placed in the chalet
- Airport and taxi transfers can be arranged
- Bed linen and bath towels are provided. Please bring own beach towels
- Kikois are available at reception for purchase
20% pensioner discount offered, excluding peak seasons, school holidays, public holidays & long weekends and festival periods
To take advantage of this pensioner discount,
please reference You’ve Earned It / YEIF 086 when making an enquiry or booking.
You’ve Earned It is a website for South African over-60s, featuring savings, benefits and value-adds to seniors, pensioners and retirees. Sign up for YEI’s FREE fortnightly e-Newsletter here.