Transform your home life with Simplicity Services
Our homes are critical to our well-being but our unique circumstances and changes in our physical and emotional health can impact on how they function. Whether you need assistance with downsizing, de-cluttering, or just making your home work better for you, Vicky Sim of Simplicity Services is the person to call. She provides a caring professional service in the greater Durban area to help you to improve your living environment. As a result you will feel calmer, happier and more energized to enjoy your home and life to the full.
Downsizing and moving
While downsizing has many positive benefits, it can be a very stressful and emotional process, especially if you have lived in the same home for many years. Vicky will come alongside you to help smooth out the process and all the decision-making that goes with it.
Some of the assistance she provides:
- An assessment of your new home in terms of size/space available, number of rooms, as well an assessment of your lifestyle, health needs etc. This is especially important if you are moving into a smaller space, e.g. a retirement home.
- Matching your belongings (including furniture, kitchen equipment, decorative items, clothing, linen, etc.) to fit your new lifestyle and home.
- Supporting you in the process of deciding what to keep, give away, sell or recycle, to prepare for your move.
- Organising the sale or donation of goods, cleaning services, moving services, etc.
- Arranging and managing building maintenance contractors (e.g. electricians, plumbers, painters) to prepare your current home for sale.
- Assisting you with unpacking and ordering your new home.
- Shopping with you for appropriate furniture and furnishings.
De-cluttering and organising your space
A cluttered, disorganised home can be very stressful and difficult to live in comfortably. Sometimes what used to work for us in our homes (e.g. when our children still lived with us) now no longer fits with our current lifestyle or our state of physical health and mobility. Our homes are not always adjusted and organised to accommodate these life transitions.
Vicky can assist you to reassess how your home is currently working for you, reduce the clutter, and put in place systems which will ensure that your home functions better and more safely for your specific needs.This may include reorganising your cupboards and furniture to make items more accessible and moving around easier, if your personal mobility is hampered for health reasons.
Sorting your loved one’s estate
Dealing with your loved one’s estate can be a difficult process due to all the memories that are represented in his or her home, furniture and personal belongings. It can be helpful to have a sympathetic person not connected with the family to assist with the practical side of the process.
Vicky Sim is a member of the Institute for Challenging Disorganization. She has undertaken several certificates of study relating to the particular needs of senior clients, physical and mental health challenges and hoarding. She has also equipped herself through Alzheimers South Africa to work with clients with dementia and their families.
Pensioners special, 10% discount off hourly rate for over-60s
To take advantage of this pensioner discount,
please reference You’ve Earned It / YEI 201 when making an enquiry or booking.
You’ve Earned It is a website for South African over-60s, featuring savings, benefits and value-adds to seniors, pensioners and retirees. Sign up for YEI’s FREE fortnightly e-Newsletter here.
Discounts for Seniors, Pensioner, YEI, youve earned it