021 715 7805 info@youve-earned-it.co.za
Mango Airlines – Adspace A – Oct 2015 to March 2016 onwards
Feedback

SASSA beneficiaries hit by yet another scam

Posted By Marilynh / December 4, 2017 / 6 Comments

SASSA card

SASSA media release – 4 December 2017

The South Africa Social security Agency (SASSA) is concerned by the increasing number of scams and false information targeting beneficiaries of social grants. The latest false information being circulated is that  SASSA offices will be closed during the December month and that beneficiaries will not receive their January payments.

SASSA would like to assure its beneficiaries that all SASSA offices will remain open for business during December and will only close as usual on public holidays like Christmas, Boxing Day and New Year. We urge our beneficiaries to report such acts of criminality to the police so that these scammers can be put behind bars.

Social grant payments for December are currently being made and the process will continue until 15 December at SASSA paypoints. Beneficiaries who use ATM’s and shops for drawing their grants can do so till the 22nd December 2018. This was done to allow beneficiaries to do their Christmas purchases ahead of the usual festive season rush.

From January 2018, social grant payments will be paid as usual from the first day of every month. Beneficiaries are urged to contact their local SASSA offices for any enquiries relating to their grant payments or call 0800601011.

Commenting on the latest developments The Acting CEO of SASSA Ms Pearl Bhengu said “All social grant recipients should remain vigilant at this time of the year and never disclose their card details to anyone, including their PIN and ID numbers. I also want to take this opportunity to wish all beneficiaries of social grants a safe and happy festive season.”

Information that you may find useful

SASSA – Grant for Older Persons

Print Friendly, PDF & Email
Email to a friend/colleague

Comments

6 Comments

• Mrs J. Cottrell
    December 4, 2017 at 4:10 pm

Good day,

My father and mother live on our property in Kensington B in Randburg. We applied for a Sassa grant, as my father is 97 and my mother 93, We had two representatives call on us in a Sassa car. They filled in all the information and took fingerprints and documentation. This was some four to five months ago. The man’s name was, a Mr. Bower. I have no idea if he was from Johnannesburg or Krugersdorp. I cannot understand why we have waited so long, as he said it would be 2 weeks after that we would see him.

Their surname is Bowers funnily enough!

Your urgent attention to this matter would be appreciated.

• Marilynh
      December 19, 2017 at 9:15 am

Dear Mrs Cottrell

Thanks for your enquiry. This will be sent to SASSA for response. Should they respond, the response will be posted in this forum.

Kind regards
      Marilyn, YEI Editor

• Marilynh
      December 21, 2017 at 11:25 am

Dear Mrs Cottrell

SASSA has responded as follows:

Kindly call 0800 60 10 11 to request a home visit and further assistance

Kind regards
      Marilyn, YEI Editor

• J G G CLOUGH
    December 6, 2017 at 11:38 am

My pension which I received from SASSA many years ago was suddenly discontinues with no explanation. When I phoned them I was told I had to go in o their offices. I made sure I had 3 months bamk statements which I had had sent from the bank and printed out.These I was told were not acceptable. A friend took me in as I am disabled. I was told my pension had been stopped because it was on review. I had been very ill in hospital and had not drawn on my pension. Then I was to.d I had to get signed proof of payments of any other income I received. E.g. Like my daughter gives me some money for domestic help etc. It has all proved to much for me to get to the offices and get the necessary documentation suddenly demanded of me after receiving this SASSA PENSION for so long. What must I do? It seems like a scam to me.
    Regards Gaye CLOUGH.

• Marilynh
      December 19, 2017 at 9:13 am

Dear Gaye

Kind regards
      Marilyn, YEI Editor

• Marilynh
      December 21, 2017 at 11:24 am

Dear Gaye

SASSA has responded as follows:

Once a social grant has been cancelled for more than 3 months, to be able to obtain the social grant again a NEW application will have to be completed. This process requires the applicant to provide all documentation for the new application.

Kind regards,